This course covers the three stages of contract development and management: negotiating the ‘deal’; documenting that agreement in a robust, but practical way; and managing the contract to ensure that what was negotiated and documented gets delivered. It will also explore the key rights and obligations that contracts usually create, as well as examining how to deal with problems that arise in contracts, such as disputes.
What you will learn:
- Understand the need to negotiate the “deal” before structuring the contract documentation
- Utilize tools & techniques to assist in such negotiations & enhance the efficient management of a contract
- Analyse the drafting and amendment of specific contract clauses, using real examples
- Introduce some of the differences in approach in different jurisdictions
- Examine ways to avoid disputes, or to manage them successfully
Who should attend?
- Contract Administrators, Contract Professionals and Project Coordinators
- Supply Officers, Buyers, Purchasing & Procurement Professionals
- Project, Construction, Cost and Quantity Professionals
- Claims Personnel including Legal Advisers
- Contracts Managers
- Those new to the function, preparing for a major project or experienced professionals looking for a refresher