This course has been designed to help leaders learn how to effectively navigate the challenges of significant organizational disruptions. As a participant in this course, you’ll discover why an understanding of various stakeholder perspectives can inform and dramatically improve a leader’s response to events that threaten an organization’s very survival. This course is also about understanding and developing individual and organizational resilience—the ability to anticipate potential threats; to cope effectively with adverse events when they occur; and to adapt to changing conditions, ensuring a viable path forward for yourself, your team, and your organization. These topics are particularly relevant in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Many course examples will reference lessons leaders around the world have learned during this far-reaching healthcare crisis.
This P4PE Institute online training course will help you understand the nature of crises and how to respond to them as a leader. This includes how you manage yourself, your own emotions and productivity as well as how you manage your team through crisis.
It will centre on your role as a leader through turbulent times – what interventions to make at what stage to ensure your team stay positive, productive and connected.
By the end of this online training course, participants will have learned to:
- Identify the nature of crises – separating fact from fiction
- Manage your own emotions and part in the crisis to ensure you minimise the stress to yourself and those around you
- Proactively plan through the stages of crisis management
- Recognize and deal with dysfunctional behaviour often caused by crises
- Create a compelling clear, compelling vision to guide people to a future beyond the crisis.
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritized:
- Understanding your personal leadership strengths and skills needed in a time of crisis
- The power and importance of strategic vision and values in encouraging people
- Painting a picture of the future and motivating and empowering to share your belief
- Communicating vision to the community and key stakeholders
- Grasp how your own values contribute to your leadership traits
- Understand the nEQ behind your behaviours and examples
- Ensure you remain authentic in your leadership approach whilst being able to be flexible and adaptable
- Build better relationships across the organisation to broaden your influence on the whole organisation’s results
- Succeed in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous situations
- Build self-reliance within your team and others to achieve success.
This online training course will utilise a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented.
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Supervisors, Middle Managers, Department Heads and Senior Managers
- Engineers and other technical professionals moving into management or leadership positions
- Human Resource Personnel including HR Business Partners
- Non-business professionals who need a wider understanding of leadership principles
- Professionals who would like a refresher in leadership topics
- People who are likely to take up leadership positions in the not too distant future.
A P4PE Institute Certificate will be provided to participants who attend and complete the online training course.