In today’s society, many people experience information overload. We are bombarded with messages to believe various ideas, purchase things, support causes, and lead our lifestyle in a particular way. How do you know what to believe? How do you separate the truth from the myths?
The answer lies in critical thinking skills. The ability to clearly reason through problems and to present arguments in a logical, compelling way has become a key skill for survival in today’s world. This course will give you some practical tools and hands-on experience with critical thinking and problem-solving.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define critical and non-critical thinking
- Identify your critical thinking style(s), including areas of strength and improvement
- Describe other thinking styles, including left/right brain thinking and whole-brain thinking
- Work through the critical thinking process to build or analyze arguments
- Develop and evaluate explanations
- Improve key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning
- Use analytical thought systems and creative thinking techniques
- Prepare and present powerful arguments
- Understanding critical thinking.
- Thinking styles, including left/right brain thinking and whole-brain thinking.
- Barriers to good decision-making.
The classes will be both physical and online. The venue, course calendar, and other details will be shared with registered participants.
Classes for this skill are scheduled to hold twice so participants can pick a convenient date.
Dates: April, 26th 2021 | 24th May, 2021
Time: 10am - 2pm