Employee Performance Management is a process for establishing a shared workforce understanding about what is to be achieved at an organisational level. It is about aligning the organisational objectives with the employees' agreed measures, skills, competency requirements, development plans and the delivery of results. The emphasis is on improvement, learning and development in order to achieve the overall business strategy and to create a high performing workforce.
Employee Performance management is a process by which managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review an employee’s work objectives and overall contribution to the organization. More than just an annual performance review, performance management is the continuous process of setting objectives, assessing progress and providing on-going coaching and feedback to ensure that employees are meeting their objectives and career goals.
- Introduction: Performance Management Overview
- Performance Planning
- Performance Monitoring and Feed Back
- Conducting Performance Appraisal Exercise
- Performance Improvement
- Conclusion and Action Plan
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Understand the importance of performance management and the concepts tools and techniques for managing employee performance
- Gain consensus on the need to be more scientific in our approach to managing employee performance and conducting performance appraisals.
- Know the objectives and benefits of performance management and the key terms in performance management.
- Understand the Performance Planning Process
- Understand Employee Development Plan and Performance Agreement
- Know Performance Objectives, Standards and Competencies
Any manager who is responsible for evaluating and developing direct reports; all employees whose on-job performance will be evaluated and measured.