How should a leader operate in crisis conditions to help their organization survive and thrive? Executives who may be exceptional leaders under normal operations are finding themselves far out of their comfort zones in handling the multiplicity of challenges and risks that this crisis has wrought.
Drawing on two of our most prominent leadership faculty’s research, this program teaches participants to approach the present crisis with authenticity and agility and to draw out the best in themselves and their teams in making the right strategic moves.
Participants learn how to avoid making the wrong leadership decisions under pressure and how to leverage the situation to remind stakeholders, their teams, and themselves of their core values. They also identify how to learn from the crisis, walking away better equipped to lead through the inevitable challenges of tomorrow.
This program takes place in a live online format.
- 5 Core Energies for Crisis Leadership
- Formulating Crisis Strategy
- Staying Inspired
- Building Community
- Rebounding from Adversity
- Shifting Mindsets
- Program Closure
For a complete program schedule
During this time of crisis, the measure of every leader is being tested. This program helps you strengthen yourself, your people, and your organization so you can deal with this crisis with clarity, wisdom, resilience, and agility.
Specifically, you will walk away knowing how to:
- Strategically and successfully manage yourself and your organization through times of crisis.
- Avoid making the wrong leadership decisions under pressure.
- Communicate effectively about the crisis with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create an environment of psychological safety for your teams.
- Leverage your core values to guide you through a crisis.
- Make high-stakes choices by fusing a deep understanding of the situation with creative intuition.
- Strengthen community so everyone on the team actively serves and supports one another.
- Create a meaningful path — a hero’s journey — for your team to help them stay inspired through adverse conditions.
- Help your organization shift from a limiting mindset to a high-performance mindset so you can achieve more with less.
- Translate adversity into motivation, focus, and insight that will help your people learn and innovate in powerful ways.
The science of learning shows that you are much more likely to translate your learning into action if you get the opportunity to engage in small doses of no-risk practice with feedback. That’s what this program’s digital platform will provide you — weekly opportunities to practice “moments-of-truth” and “missions” to experiment with new behaviors and mindsets and observe and learn in small steps. We call this MicroPractice.
The program is designed for business leaders at all levels and across industries who are looking to sharpen their crisis leadership skills to more confidently navigate through the business challenges they're facing today and tomorrow.
P4PE Institute alumni and up to four of their colleagues are eligible for a 25 percent tuition benefit for this program.